Sunday 3 May 2020

Bread Halwa || Bread ka Meetha

Bread Halwa 
A delicious and Flavorful halwa made out of bread.

A must, to try this Ramadan.



Sharing my memories 😍

During my college days I had a friend who use to bring a big container of bread halwa prepared specially for our circle of friends. We used relish it while we used to travel back home from college bus.

The journey used to be delightful.

Whevener I make it I always get flash back of those sweet memories.

It's super easy and delish.


Ingredients:
White bread slices 8 
Milk 1 cup 
Sugar 1/2 cup or to taste 
Cardamom crushed 2 
Ghee 1/3 cup 
1 tsp Cashews /kaju chopped 
1 tsp Almonds/Badam chopped 
1 tsp Raisins 


Method:
1. Chop bread slices into small pieces and discard its crust.
2. In a pan pour 1 tbsp ghee and add cashews and almonds fry till golden. Remove into a plate.
3. Add raisins and fry until it pops. Remove into a plate.
4. Now add the chopped bread slices and add little ghee and fry it.
5. Keep frying the bread slices until they turn brown on medium flame.
6. Pour milk , crushed cardamom and continue to cook the fried bread. Keep adding little ghee in between.
7. Once the ghee starts to leave out on sides add the previously fried nuts and mix well.
8. Serve warm or chilled.


If you try my recipes do let me know in comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment